Project Hydro is an open-source, global, and democratic blockchain project. Strong governance has been put in place to ensure the long-term sustainability of the ecosystem, so our vision of simplifying blockchain adoption is realized! Here is an overview of the current governance structure:
- Team members can be nominated by any member of the Project Hydro community via this form.
- Elections are held on a rolling basis, via quorum from the current Team Members.
- Team members can be suspended or relieved of their duties at any time through a fair system with checks and balances.
- All team members have options in the Hydro Labs company, located in the Cayman Islands.
- Corporate managers are elected from the team by the team.
- All team members are eligible to be voted into the Project Hydro Board of Directors by a majority of other shareholders.
- Team members receive a monthly allotment of HYDRO tokens for their work on the project. Commissions are also available for work above and beyond basic duties.
- The elected Hydro Labs treasurer can approve HYDRO tokens for small day to day expenses, but large expenses must be voted on and approved.
- The HYDRO treasury is used in some Hydro dApps, to compensate Hydro Labs team members, and for HCDP tasks.